Tire sidewall markings contain all the information you need to know about your tire.
1. Tire size: 180/55ZR17
2. Tread pattern designation: Sport Force+
3. Manufacturer: Mitas
4. Country of origin: Slovenia
5. Speed category: (W) (>270 km/h)
6. Load index: 73 (365 kg)
7. Tubeless / Tubetype: Tubeless
8. DOT marking: DOT H3 MR SFC
9. Production date:
10. Max. load capacity: 716 lbs
Max. inflation pressure: AT 42 PSI COLD
11. Load range: B
12. Direction of rotation: Rotation
13. Tread wear indicator: TWI
14: Homologation No.: E8 75 R 000728
The speed index marks the highest allowable speed of a tire with loads specified in the load index. Speeds apply to tires in good condition, properly inflated, with permissible specific load and mounted on suitable rims. The speeds listed in the table are the highest permissible speeds and should not be considered as the ordinary speeds.
The load index is the numerical code, which stands for the highest tire load allowed (except for loads at speeds over 210 km/h) at speeds marked with the speed index. When worn-out tires are replaced, make sure that the new tires are of the exactly the same or higher speed index and of load index as specified by the motorcycle manufacturer.